Steps to make Re-Volt work on Windows Vista (Note, this applies for Windows 7 as well)
- Download and install patch 0916 (for the unripped / original version of the game) or patch 1207 (for the ripped versions from Classic Gaming Network etc.) from Manmountain's Tool Shed by overwriting all the files.
- Right click on a shortcut of Re-Volt, either the one the installer made, or one you made. To create a shortcut (if you need one) right click on revolt.exe and hit "Create Shortcut" in that pop-up menu. You can then drag and drop the shortcut anywhere you want.
- Right click on the the shortcut and follow this picture. Add "-sli" to the target in the properties, like so.
- Now you should be able to launch the game from this shortcut and it run properly (remember to run as administrator!).
- (Another note, you can also do this with a batch file. To make a batch file, create a new *.txt file. Edit it in Notepad or your preferred editor to say "revolt.exe -sli" and save it. Change the extension to *.bat, have it in the folder beside revolt.exe and launch the file by double-clicking, just like an executable. There is no reason to use this method...).