A Sandbox (as known as Test Page) is a page that can be used to practice editing, to learn the formatting, and to put together drafts without necessarily publishing it to the article itself. Sandboxes are the perfect place if you wish to experiment, since you're free to do everything you want in there.
The sandbox of this wiki
Creating a personal sandbox
The Sandbox is a public page, so if two or more people are simultaneously using the page, it leads to conflict. Instead of using the public Sandbox you can create a personal Sandbox just for you.
Creating your own sandbox is really simple. Below are the steps you can follow to create one:
- Go to your user page. You can do this by clicking on your username in the top right of any wiki page.
- Add /Sandbox to the very end of your url, then press Enter to go to that page.
- Click the Create button to create your sandbox.
- Now you can begin to practice editing. You can also customize it the way you want, like adding useful links that you're constantly using, etc.
- Whenever you finished editing, click on Publish to save your page.
- Now your Sandbox will be always there. To find it easily, add a link to it on your profile page, or save the url in your browser favorites.