Originally inspired by RVDev, Huki and Jigebren collaborated to create an updated binary of the game from source. After about 6 months of hard work an alpha was released. The first public beta became available November 13th, 2010.
The objective of this version was to revitalize this largely abandoned game. The team has everything needed to establish complete control over the game where Acclaim Entertainment left off. Although useful launchers such as WolfR4 and Phoenix R3 are available, using this solution does not require a launcher. Due to its holistic nature it is also likely more stable than those memory patcher solutions.
While others would wish for a "total remake" of the game based on or independent of Re-Volt's main source code; Huki believed it would be best to not only base it on the original source code, but compile it with the same software the original developers compiled it with; Visual Studio 6.0 and DirectX 6, respectively.
As Huki mentioned, integrating the launchers' features into the main source is a base of the project, so memory patchers may soon be obsoleted and there will be no need to run an executable alongside Re-Volt (such as the mentioned Phoenix R3 and WolfR4).
- Four player splitscreen
- Full support for newer Windows OSs
- Widescreen and multi-monitor support
- Anisotropic texture filtering, better font and hud
- Support for international keyboard layouts
- Support for high-resolution textures (commonly used: 512x512, 1024x1024)
- Preview function for Object edit-mode: Ctrl P
- Support for custom content (Carboxes, soundtrack, sounds ...)
- Optimized loading (super fast loading with -sload and -nointro)
- Visual Features taken from the Dreamcast version
- Trolley accessible via CARNIVAL cheat
- Shows Ghost Car In Time Trial
RV 1.2 (Homepage)