Archives of the current and past news.
- March 7th, 2017
- March 1st, 2017
- Febuary 27th, 2017
Re-Volt I/O received a huge upgrade on its layout and a section for user-made cars and tracks is being developed. Go to Re-Volt I/O home page Also, DC.all released one more N64 track conversion at Re-Volt Live Forum: the Penny Racers' track Caves. Download link at the original post.
- Febuary 16th, 2017
Re-Volt I/O has a new section available: the Learn page, which provides informations of how to make cars and tracks to the game. The tutorials are still under construction, but it already has a quite full guide about making tracks in Blender. Their online racing schedule is also being updated every week.
Other known events in the community websites are the Re-Volt Live's Weekly Pro Trials (Winter 2017 event) which is still running and is currently in the fourth week, DC.all releasing tracks converted from Nintendo 64 games (here), and a new lego released and an updated track in Re-Volt XTG (here).
- Febuary 1st, 2017
Killer Wheels announced at NawaKiwi a new feature of 3ds Max to Re-Volt Exporter which enables the addition of floor reflection directly in 3ds Max, besides a new extreme track that is being built with the collaboration of Skitch2. Go there to read the full posts.
- January 16th, 2017
- January 14th, 2017
- January 08th, 2017
The poll for the Track & Car of the Year 2016 has been started! In the past year we had more than 20 tracks released and a huge delivery with approximately 160 cars! Go there and leave your vote! The poll is opened for both members and guests.
- December 23th, 2016
- December 20th, 2016
- December 1st, 2016
Not many people update the news, even though the wiki is open for anyone to do so! Known events this past year include an OpenPandora and ODROID port of RVGL. Fan site Re-Volt XTG being revived from the dead, and the creation of Extreme tracks such as Kadish Sprint and Donut Plains 3 designed to support the features which were introduced in Re-Volt 1.2.
- January 4th, 2016
It's Independence day in the United States, and what better way to celebrate than to liberate over 700 missing files from cold storage? Check out the recovered download files from RVA.
- January 24th, 2016
People haven't been regularly updating the news, but that doesn't mean they haven't been making things. As of January 2016 the RVZT community has made over 3,270 cars and 1,900 tracks.
- January 9th, 2016
Huki has announced the release of Re-Volt 1.2 Alpha 15.0420 on Our Re-Volt Pub. He also encourages users to switch to RVGL which is powered by OpenGL and has taken priority over the previous Re-Volt 1.2 project. Go There!
- August 24th, 2014
- Dec'22nd, 2013
RV Car Studio is in its prealpha release! After 1 year of interrupted work, Car::Load has been remade using a different engine and different layout to fix the current problems. It's finally released! Don't forget to grab your share!
- July'13th, 2013
Re-Volt Zone is now released!
- May 17th, 2013
- May 6th, 2012
- January 28th, 2012
A First attempt of making boat available for Re-Volt in ORP
- January 26th, 2012
- December 24th, 2011
- September 18th, 2011
a new pre-alpha release of Car::Load 1.8.3 preview (pre-alpha) is out with new features and real time 3D editing
- September 5th, 2011
- February 9th, 2011
- February 4th, 2011
- January 14th, 2011
Added new Screenshot of the Month... and It's a new year! This means new changes and hopefully cleaner more accurate content. You can help by providing non-bias and interesting news, articles, categorizing, and discussing pages which need deleted or adjusted.
- December 31st 2010
Latest day on 2010. Happy new year dear Re-Volters :D !
- December 25th 2010
Merry Christmas Re-Volters!
- December 12th 2010
We finally have information about Re-Volt Live (Xbox) thanks to the continued effort of RST trying to find it. The page will be updated as we gain more insight on the inner-workings of this. Meanwhile, enjoy the new Screenshot of the Month.
- November 13th 2010
- October 19th 2010
- September 16th 2010
There hasn't been much new on the scene, there's been some new cars and tracks but overall it's slowed down a bit. School is back for most of us. Urnemanden has been busy working with 512 textures to make Re-Volt have a bit more eye-candy. And.... R3-256 goes from 12MB to now under 9.9MB! That's something that even us 56k modem users can handle in an hour.
- July 28th 2010
- July 17th 2010
Not too much new scene wise... It's a shame there's no Xfire in-game for Re-Volt though. If you're like us and feel it needs to be added, please vote in this topic.
- May 28th 2010
- May 27th 2010
WolfR4 gets another number of updates in WIP:10-05-27.
- Wiki News Update: May 29th: Most notably, it now works on Linux. This tops our delayed Screenshot of the Month :-D
- May 10th 2010
RRR is adapting the "RRRe-take" policy, that means rules will begin to lessen up around the forums to aid new members and the forums are open again.
- April 21st 2010
- April 7th 2010
- March 30th 2010
- March 8th, 2010
- March 6th, 2010
Been a bit busy lately, but we finally have our first 2010 screenshot of the month up (yes, it took 3months -yikes!). Gaming4JC tested Re-Volt online with Wine 1.1.40 which fixed a few bugs and has nice results.
- March 5th, 2010
- February 13th, 2010
SkindUpTruk has been working on a .w and .prm exporter for the 3d modeler Rhino, something most of the community hasn't even heard of and may make another interesting impact on how models are made for Re-Volt.
- January 1st, 2010
- HAPPY NEW YEAR!!! And long live Re-Volt, we hope to have many more years of fun racing. :-D
- December 28th, 2009
- Recent chaos occurred today in RVHouse and on both IRC Channels as a result of Gaming4JC being banned from RRR, and a fake release of Phoenix R3 given out to everyone but him. Despite being banned "for being weird", RRR was indeed joking as a result of the April Fool's day in spain known as Childermas...
- December 27th, 2009
- December 25th, 2009
- Merry Christmas! :-D
- December 24th, 2009
- It's Christmas Eve, and not a computer was stirring, not even the mouse. At least not until R3-RVS was released late today.
- November 26th, 2009
- Here at Re-Volt the Wiki we would like to wish everyone a Happy Thanksgiving! (American Holiday) :-D
You may want to check out Old Fashion Thanksgiving, and of course be thankful for Re-Volt even if you aren't from the USA.
- November 2nd, 2009
- Sounds from Re-Volt audio CD is released. It is a compilation of the very best songs which where made during the RRR Sound Track Contest. All content including the front and back cover was user created. Be sure to pick up your copy for free from here.
- October 30th, 2009
- Phoenix R3 now supports "random cars" in online races on both GameSpy Arcade and RVHouse. Just another addition to this already fascinating program's features.
- October 28th, 2009
- RVDEV is alive again, currently planning the new Re-Volt, good luck RVDEV team.
- September 1st, 2009
- Wiki admin, Gaming4JC, is hosting "Christmas Track Competition 09!", a track contest with a real and genuine Re-Volt (N64) game as the prize. Make sure you join up if your interested in getting your hands on it! For more information visit the topic! This tops our Screenshot of the Month and good luck to all who compete!
- August 31st, 2009
- Most people are headed back to school this week, so we hope everyone had a nice summer. Have a good time at school and meanwhile go race a Schoolbus around Re-Volt, courtesy of The Me and Me!
-- Rumor has it that Re-Volt will be having some new events coming up this winter, so we'll keep you posted.
- July 15th, 2009
- RST is making an "R3 Engine". It is the first 3d engine for Re-Volt to be made entirely from scratch. It is able to load .prm and .m file types already and is under active development. It plans to be more stable and configurable than the former FreeVolts engine which was a modified IRRLICHT engine. It will make the R3-DCP and other programs reach much better quality than was thought of previously. For more info on the engine visit RRR.
- July 8th,2009
- Thanks to Swannie for providing us with a new wiki skin! Thanks much.
- June 30th, 2009
- Happy Holidays you all. :-) Today is the international day for giving prizes for honored people who have worked hard this year in school. Also, it is the day that almost all the pupils in the world are having their holidays/summer vacation. ;-)
- June 6th, 2009
- RRR will be hosting "TOW" a.k.a. Tracks of the Week races all through this summer in an effort to keep the custom tracks alive for multilayer racing. For more information how you can join in on the fun go to the sub-forum on their site here.
- June 5th, 2009
- Zagames in partnership with arto have reopened RVZT at a new location. The site may have a few bugs, and the site is currently missing anyone's submissions after December 2008. They are also considering some re-design of the sites main system over time. Go there!
- May 26th, 2009
- MrT has released version 1.1 of his RVGlue GUI, it has many bug fixes and enhancements and can now be used as a full Re-Volt tool. It may soon become as needed as Rv-glue itself.
- May 23rd,2009
- RRR has now began accepting tracks and cars in any format under the sub-forum "Tracks Submission" and "Cars Submission". Once you upload them, they will be packaged later in the database as an auto-installer. If you have any which you would like to share to keep the tracks and cars community alive, Go there.
- May 6th,2009
- We are getting this news a little late, but also we would like to let everyone know RVHouse site remains down do to the main RVZT sever being down. A fixed version has been uploaded to mediafire by arto. Although not in optimal working condition, it's enough for a few races. RVR is temporarily hosting the user list with a December backup.
- May 6th,2009
- R3-256 was featured on NoNags.com today and given a 6/6 rating. This is the first tool to be given a high rating on a major download site. Be sure to check it out!
- May 3rd,2009
- This year is progressing nicely! RST was able to fix the infamous "row track bug" which occurs when some one reloads the same track during an online race. The new Phoenix R3 will be released shortly with this and other corrections included optimization to CPU load.
- April 28th,2009
- The Re-Volt wiki would like to thank Baltram for his updated GMax plugin which properly exports the ASE file type for Re-Volt using Mesh_Normals. The plugin works great and he even translated it to English. Thanks!
- April 21th,2009
- First Spring Morning has been packaged and posted on RRR Racing Forum! You'll need Phoenix R3 to get the full effect, but don't hesitate to download. :-D
- April 20th,2009
- RRR has now fixed the problem where only FireFox users could visit the site. It is now possible to use Internet Explorer and other browsers on the forums. RST hopes this will help users to upload some tracks and cars there for backup while RVZT is down.
- April 18th,2009
- RVZT has gone down around 11:30AM (EST), this means RVHouse is no longer working in centralized mode, and all of our cars and tracks are currently offline.
- April 16th,2009
- Gaming4JC is releasing the Full Custom track First Spring Morning, it should be packaged in a few days using RRR's special Toybox compression and installer.
- April 13th,2009
- RST continues to post information about texturing, 3d modeling, and facts/history of Re-Volt on the RRR forum. They can be found in the Tech Info Forum.
- April 12th,2009
- The Re-Volt wiki would like to wish everyone a Happy Easter!
- April 11th,2009
- Gaming4JC has written a tutorial on RRR on how we can now export the ASE File format properly from Blender and it works perfectly with Asetools.
- April 8th,2009
- Baltram a guy from Gothic Modding, is creating an ASE exporter for gMax which may be used with Asetools, if it works there is no need to use the trialware of 3ds max.
- Mar 28th,2009
- MrT from RRR has released a beta of his RVGlue GUI. It is capable of generating RVGlue commands with the click of a mouse!
- Mar 27th,2009
- KayTheFalcon has released a beta of HULEdit, a GUI frontend for SkindupTruck's HUL tools.
- Feb 13,2009
- RRR is celebrating the new Championship type: Ghost ladder, which has a total system of saving records and loading them. The application is totally created with visual basic 6 by RST
- Jan 19,2009
- Phoenix R3 is now able to have NoCD on the Re-volt v1.10 '0916' patch, 0916 is sometimes consider the best of all Re-Volt versions.
- Jan 15, 2009
- We've moved our support forum to a sub-category in RRR since I've not had time to manage this area very well myself and thought it would be better to join into this community. All new users which need prompt support from the wiki can now click on "Forum" to anonymously post questions, comments, and suggestions for the wiki. - G4JC 03:58, 15 January 2009 (UTC)
- Dec 31st, 2008
- Today RRR team is celebrating a new installer for Re-Volt: R3-256 in its new layout and old size. It's like RST's gift for the new year.
- Dec 29th,2008
- New Phoenix R3 features, now, it has many new features
- From Direct reverser to GSA mode passing. from ghost car
- Dec 5th, 2008
- Christmas is coming Soon!
- Christmas will be coming to Re-Volt soon, RRR is working on a race track project which they expect to release by the 25th, and our Screenshot of the Month is Zagames's Track Frost Bite, with Gaming4JC's old car 1c3y R1d3r.
- Nov, 11th, 2008
- RVZT Weekly Races
- RVZT has been doing weekly races on all their new tracks. This tops off our Screenshot of the Month. Be sure to join in if you have the time.
- Oct, 13th, 2008
- New R3-DCP
- A New R3-DynamicCarPreviewer has been released today on the IRC! RST says it includes many bugfixes and a better 3D engine.
- Sep, 5th 2008
- New Screenshot of the Month has a story!
- Phoenix R3 now supports the long awaited Ghost Car! The story goes as quoted by RST:
- Here you have the Most rare pic in all whole Re-volt History.
- Look carefully. Yes, it is the Ghost Car !!!. Now it is visible again on the full versions of re-volt !!
- In fact, this was one of my dreams, to get the ghost car again visible in the game. I remember from the year 2000 I was talking with another power user on the scene called Antimorph a so good friend o'mine !. He always told me, "the programmers are so lazy, and they must have of only disabled the car...."
- I am sure he was a long time trying to enable it, and making this he discovered how to make custom cameras also called Morph's copterTMMCC... Since these old times, my most intense dream about the game was to get this ghost car visible again. Now, years later, thnx to the power of my little program and called Phoenix R3, we can play with it on the time trail mode !. And is the power !!!!