Six demos of Re-Volt are known to be released. Five other demos: PCXL (PC Accelerator), RIVATNT2 (Nvidia), Game Center, Creative Labs and Mc Donalds (Ziff Davis) are not known to be released. Also, PCXL's and RIVATNT2's cars have been found in dev version.
Being a demo version there are some notable limitations:
- One playable stock track, Toys in the Hood 1 which can only be played in normal mode, not mirrored or reversed.
- Four cars can be chosen in the car selection screen: RC Bandit and Sprinter XL and Volken Turbo (iOS Only), and the 'extra car' which depends on the demo version.
Note: Is possible to select the unlock cars changing the cars' numbers in carinfo.txt.
- Other cars included in the game, but not selectable unless using the Box-swap trick, are all the rookie class cars, the Mystery car, and three clockworks (except the white clockwork).
- Only three race types are available: Single Race, Multi-Player and Time Trial.
- Cheats don't work in the demos, except for the gimmecredits cheatcode.
- No credits available unless using the gimmecredits cheatcode.
- Additional content (custom cars and tracks), doesn't work on Demo game versions.
- No gallery
- Random starting positon
The only differences between various demos appears to be the type of 'extra car' included in the demo, the name of the demo and your type of engine.
- 'Acclaim' version: this contains the Humma car which is renamed 'Acclaim', version name is v0.01acclaim.
- 'Gamespot' version: this contains a car named 'Gamespot' which is a repaint of the Aquasonic car, version name is v0.01gamespot. It's the easiest version to be found.
- 'IGN PC' version: this contains a car named 'IGN PC' which is a repainted of the Humma car. Version name is v0.01ign.pc.
- 'CGW (Computer Gaming World)' version: this contains a car named 'CGW' which is a repainted of the Humma car. This car can be found in DEV . Version name is v0.01cgw.
- 'PC Gamer' version: this contains a car named 'PC Gamer' which is a repainted of the Humma car. This car can be found in DEV. Version name is v0.01pcgamer. The engine is identical to CGW.
- 'Rolling' version: this is the demo which Acclaim used at the E3 show. Version name is v0.01. User has no ability to pick a car and track, only to watch a fast demonstration of a race in Museum 2.
- 'PC Team' version: Doesn't contain an extra car. Version name is v0.01. Some things are similar with PC Gamer and CGW versions (including the target camera).
- 'Free' version: this is the iPod Touch and iPad demo. Interestingly, it uses 'Volken Turbo' as one of the available cars instead of 'Sprinter XL', which is in all of the above demos, and has no special car and no version name.
- The unactivated version of Android: Contains two tracks, Toys in the Hood 1 and Supermarket 2, and four cars: RC Bandit, Dust Mite, Phat Slug and Col. Moss.
Differences between Full Game and Demo
- A Ghost car is shown when racing in Time Trial mode.
- Soundtracks are included for the available levels in the form of mp3 files.
- Botanical Garden 2 can be seen in CGW and PC Gamer demos, but is not avaliable to play. This track has been disabled of Re-volt for some unknown reason.
- CGW, PC Gamer and PC Team has a training mode, but is not possible to play in it because of its limitations. The training occurs on the frontend table with a clockwork. This race mode doesn't exist in any version of Re-Volt.
More demos exist, but they're not very known well. These are:
- PCXL (v0.01pcxl, which contained a repainted Aquasonic called PC Accelerator)
- RIVATNT2 (v0.01nvidia, which contained a repainted Aquasonic called Riva TNT2)
- Gamecenter (v0.01gamecenter, which contained a repainted Aquasonic called Gamecenter)
- Creative Labs (v0.01creativelabs)
- Mc Donalds (v0.01ziffdavies)
There are four types of Demo engine:
- First is more older and is based on: CGW, PC Gamer and PCXL demos, similar to dev version.
- Second is the PC Team engine. It has somethings similar to CGW and PC Gamer, but also approaches a little to the full version.
- Third, the rolling demo, only contains a spectator mode.
- Fourth is newer and is like the full version: Acclaim, IGN PC and Gamespot demos.
Acclaim Demo (v0.01acclaim) 
Gamespot Demo (v0.01gamespot) [Softpedia download page]
PCGamer Demo (v0.01pcgamer) 
Rolling Demo (v0.01) 
IGN PC Demo (v0.01ign.pc) 
CGW Demo (v0.01cgw) 
PC Team Demo (v0.01)