Championship is another Re-Volt playmode. It is responsible of unlocking tracks (not mirrored either reversed) and cars. It's composed from 4 cups: Bronze, Silver, Gold and Platinum. Each cup have an amount of tracks that the player needs to race in and qualify until reach the last track in the cup. For each race, the third place or higher is required to be qualified and progress.
The competition consists in a system of accumulation of points. A determined ammount of points are collected according to the race results, being the first place who wins more points while cars bellow the 6th position wins nothing. Points are added during the progress of the championship and registered in a table showed in the end of each race. The player needs to arrive the top of this table to fully win the championship. Is possible to win by arriving the second or third places too, but no cars or tracks will be unlocked and the Progress Table will not change.
The championship mode has a feature similar to the video games' lifes, which is the Give Up Try. The player starts with three tries, having the option to use a try to restart the race if needed. Tries are automatically used when the 4th place or lower is arrived. When all the tries are over and the player doesn't arrive the 3th place or higher, the championship is lost.
A cutscene is shown in the end of the cups: The first three places (of the points table) are positioned in the Frontend's Podium where they celebrate their victory. When the player loses a cup (for spanding all the tries or arriving lower places than 3th), his/her car is thrown on the floor with the Bomb pickup activated, then explodes.
Finishing the championship with the highest number of points will give the player two cars in the boxes stack and tracks from the next cup. By winning the Platinum cup, the player will unlock more two cars and will be crowned Re-Volt Master.
Re-Volt Credits is shown when all cups of championship playmode are fully completed.
- Toy World 1 - 6 laps
- Toys in the Hood 1 Mirrored - 4 laps
- Ghost Town 1 - 4 laps
- Toy World 2 - 4 laps
Platinum Cup (Special)
- Supermarket 1 - 6 laps
- Ghost Town 2 - 6 laps
- Toy World 1 Reversed Mirrored - 10 laps
- Museum 1 Mirrored - 6 laps
- Toytanic 2 - 6 laps
- Win single races and collect stars in Practice mode at unlocked tracks, before playing the Championship. It will unlock better cars, and it will be easier to complete the cups.
- Try winning only using speed, by disabling Pickups from game settings.
- The Dreamcast version championship differs from the older releases. The exclusive track Rooftops replaces Toy World 1 in the Silver Cup, and Toy World 1 was set in the place of Toys in the Hood 1 Mirrored. Also in the Gold Cup, Rooftops Mirrored replaces Toy World 1 Mirrored.
- BossVolt and Rooftops are unlocked by winning the Silver Cup from Dreamcast version.
- Riva TNT2 is also mysteriously unlocked by playing the championship mode, despite it's a Demo car.
- Is possible to create custom Championship Leagues using WolfR4.