Botanical Garden is one of many Stock Tracks available in Re-Volt. Is the last track in Bronze Cup and the fourth track shown in the Track Selection Screen. This track is themed like a greenhouse and/or fancy out door garden. It includes many plants, bushes, particle effects, and sound effects that make it to be a rather realistic racing line.
Botanical Garden presents a different layout from the other Bronze Cup tracks. It's not as complex as Museum 2, but with a reasonable racing line near to Supermarket 2 in matter of length. It features gravel slopes and roads, which is a unprecedented featured between the easy tracks. This make some points slippery and easier to steer, but nothing that will interferes the race. I contains a few jumps in the half of the route and near to the end. It also features a wooden arch bridge in the first 140 metres.
The most challenge point of Botanical Garden could be the brief jump after the fountain. It's not a trouble for fast cars, but any flaw can be crucial for the race, besides the ramp is a target of Oil Slicks. It commonly brings difficulties for the beginners of Re-Volt 2 or Re-Volt 2: Multiplayer, forcing them to upgrade their cars and improve its top speed to get a better experience of race.
Botanical Garden is one of the most detailed levels in the game. Tropical plants can be seen in the entire race, and the sound effects contribute a lot for the ambience creation. The racing line travels through indoor and outdoor places, and mixes both artificial (man-made) and natural geometries/surfaces.
|The Global Pulse is located on the left of the long slope after the two lakes. For taking the star on a faster way the borders of the lakes can be used as ramps to make the car jump. It's easier to take in the reversed way.|
|The Practice Star is located inside a secret area. The entry is on the left of the arch (seen on the gfx image), near to the start line.|
- On "S" shaped sections, plot straight lines with the car. Avoid making unnecessary curves.
- Through the fountain's back there's a shortcut, but hard to use without slowing the car down, which makes it a waste of time. It's more useful in the reversed way, though.
- In the division alleys after the bridge, the lower path is faster than the higher.
- The above is also a good place for dropping Ball Bearings. The slope before the bridge is a good point too.
- Any Rookie car can across the jump after the fountain with no trouble, provided it has good acceleration.
- Drop oil a few metters before the jump mentioned above. This will slow down the other cars and prevent them from performing the jump.
- Botanical Garden is named as Botanical garden1 in the inf file from its data folder.
- There is an unreleased/unfinished sequel of the track with the name of Botanical Garden 2 themed as a japanese garden. Its name can be seen in the Track Selection Screen of older Demos (CGW and PC Gamer) after the track Toy World 1, but its folder and files are not present in the game's folder.
- In Dev version of the game, the Botanical Garden's folder contains a subfolder named as oldshit with an unfinished short track inside shaped similar to a lego track. Nothing much is known about it for now, but it is said that it was a test track for physics.